May 31, 2020
While vinyl siding is especially notable for its incredible selection of options, it also offers many more benefits other simply aesthetic improvements. The vinyl material makes it extremely durable, easy to install and requires very little maintenance over the years.
- Curb Appeal: Vinyl siding is available in a great variety of colors and styles that can drastically change the exterior of any home to fit the needs of the homeowner, either to better fit in within a neighborhood or to stand out among neighbors.
- Durable: Vinyl siding is incredibly durable and is resistant to dents that can result from rain, wind, heat and other harsh weather.
- Low Maintenance: Vinyl siding requires very little maintenance. This means no scraping off mold or mildew and no frequent repainting is necessary to maintain its appearance. To clean, simply spray down the siding with water and soap.
- Environmentally Friendly: Vinyl siding can be recycled and is therefore a great option to create less waste when repairing or renovating your home.
- Easy to Install: As a homeowner, you can greatly reduce your labor costs by using vinyl siding. This option is extremely lightweight resulting in a much easier installation which not only reduces the amount of labor needed to install but reduces the overall cost of installation.
- Great Investment: The low cost of maintenance and installation make vinyl siding a great investment for your home, and one which can improve your home’s resale value. Additionally, because it offers much greater insulation than other options, vinyl siding can also decrease home utility costs, more specifically, heating and cooling costs.
Despite the durability and longevity of vinyl siding, sometimes repairs, or even replacements, are necessary. It may be hard to determine if a repair is needed, but the following are the signs to look for which may indicate your vinyl siding has been damaged.
- Peeling or Cracked: Peeling or cracked siding detracts from the curb appeal of the building and also permits the introduction of water and other elements into your home, potentially destroying the buildings structure underneath.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: While there is the possibility that mold or mildew may grow on the surface of vinyl siding, it can be easily removed with water. However, it is important to make sure that there is not growth beneath the siding, or else a repair or replacement may be necessary.
- Frequent Repainting: Vinyl siding is able to maintain its color for roughly ten years, so if your siding requires repainting more than once within a decade, this could be an indicator that there are other issues which are compromising your siding and could require a repair.
- Water Stains or Bubbles: Water stains and bubbles are an obvious sign that water is leaking beneath the vinyl siding and that the siding is not working properly to protect your home.
- Dry Rot: Dry rot is usually invisible from the outside but can still create significant damage to the internal structure of your home. To check for dry rot, tap on the suspected area with a hard tool. If it is soft to the touch, there is a possibility that the wood has rotted.
- Peeling Paint Inside Home: Peeling paint or other damage on the inside of your home suggests that there is external damage, most likely due to moisture which has leaked underneath the vinyl siding.
- High Energy Bills: One of the greatest benefits of vinyl siding is its ability to provide insulation and reduce utility costs, however, if you notice that heating and cooling costs are increasing, it is likely that the siding is no longer effectively insulating.
Take advantage of the numerous benefits of vinyl siding for your home now!
Why Mighty Metal Roofing is the Company for You!
When choosing a team to hire to repair or replace your vinyl siding, you need a company that hires experts in their craft and that understands the importance of doing it right the first time.
That’s why Memphis’ Mighty Metal Roofing is the one to choose. Our company is a locally owned roofing and remodeling company with over 25 years of experience. We have a A+ rating with the Mid-South BBB.We provide free roof estimates and roof inspections along with a selection of finance options that best fit your budget.
Why wait to get repair or replace your vinyl siding?
Contact Mighty Metal Roofing today so we can help enhance the appearance of your home and improve the value of your home with vinyl siding!